I Hate Dialysis Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
May 05, 2024, 05:26:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
532606 Posts in 33561 Topics by 12678 Members
Latest Member: astrobridge
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  I Hate Dialysis Message Board
|-+  Dialysis Discussion
| |-+  Dialysis: Home Dialysis
| | |-+  PUREFLOW ALARM 51
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PUREFLOW ALARM 51  (Read 8212 times)
lillinny

« on: January 26, 2011, 12:01:04 PM »

The last two batches have erred off giving me a 51 alarm.  Nothing is kinked.  I tug on the lines, etc. and it starts back up and runs for 15 to 30 mins and alarms again.  Saturday night I was up from 3 til 6 a.m. playing with the machine.  The batch was FINALLY completed.  Same thing on Monday night.  Called Nxstage and they walk me thru it, but nothing seems to resolve the problem for more than 30mins. 

anyone else having this problem?
greg10

« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2011, 12:20:03 PM »

No experience with 51 alarm here.

Are you using the new SAKs, the 30x series?

If so, this is from page 15 of the Quick Start Note on series 300 SAK:
"Step 23. Slide the Line Collar Assemblies over the previously folded areas on both lines.  Failure to do so may cause flow restrictions, which in turn, may create an alarm condtion, such as an A14 Compromised SAK or an A51 Output Pressure High."

« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 09:14:48 PM by greg10 » Logged

Newbie caretaker, so I may not know what I am talking about :)
Caretaker for my elderly father who has his first and current graft in March, 2010.
Previously in-center hemodialysis in national chain, now doing NxStage home dialysis training.
End of September 2010: after twelve days of training, we were asked to start dialyzing on our own at home, reluctantly, we agreed.
If you are on HD, did you know that Rapid fluid removal (UF = ultrafiltration) during dialysis is associated with cardiovascular morbidity?  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=20596
We follow a modified version: UF limit = (weight in kg)  *  10 ml/kg/hr * (130 - age)/100

How do you know you are getting sufficient hemodialysis?  Know your HDP!  Scribner, B. H. and D. G. Oreopoulos (2002). "The Hemodialysis Product (HDP): A Better Index of Dialysis Adequacy than Kt/V." Dialysis & Transplantation 31(1).   http://www.therenalnetwork.org/qi/resources/HDP.pdf
lillinny

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2011, 11:37:46 AM »

Thank you.  Yes, i'm doing that.  Last night was another marathon and Nxstage has not clue why it errs off and then starts up again and errs off again in 15 to 30 mins.  A real crazy maker.  They think it might be the lot but if nobody else has the problem, guess it's just us!!   :banghead;
kimberlyn50

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2011, 11:46:29 AM »

I had same problem...I finally requested a new PureFlow Control Board.......everythings fine now

Caretaker for 55 yr old boyfriend who has Type 1 Diabetes 33 yrs; ESRD; Congestive Heart Failure; Neuropathy
New NxStage users
greg10

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2011, 12:07:58 PM »

I had same problem...I finally requested a new PureFlow Control Board.......everythings fine now
That may be.  We have a Pureflow control unit, the entire unit, replaced about 6 weeks ago.  There may be some firmware update in the units they have serviced.  Off the top of my head, I think it is on firmware 1.13.  They may be able to update the unit online.  Have you, the original poster (lillinny), set the SAK to the correct type, eg 303 etc. ?

Newbie caretaker, so I may not know what I am talking about :)
Caretaker for my elderly father who has his first and current graft in March, 2010.
Previously in-center hemodialysis in national chain, now doing NxStage home dialysis training.
End of September 2010: after twelve days of training, we were asked to start dialyzing on our own at home, reluctantly, we agreed.
If you are on HD, did you know that Rapid fluid removal (UF = ultrafiltration) during dialysis is associated with cardiovascular morbidity?  http://ihatedialysis.com/forum/index.php?topic=20596
We follow a modified version: UF limit = (weight in kg)  *  10 ml/kg/hr * (130 - age)/100

How do you know you are getting sufficient hemodialysis?  Know your HDP!  Scribner, B. H. and D. G. Oreopoulos (2002). "The Hemodialysis Product (HDP): A Better Index of Dialysis Adequacy than Kt/V." Dialysis & Transplantation 31(1).   http://www.therenalnetwork.org/qi/resources/HDP.pdf
lillinny

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2011, 02:49:42 PM »

They replaced our control board in mid december.  It didn't work and was a nightmare.  They replaced it again on Xmas Eve.  It was fine.  Now it all starts again.  Yes, I did change the SAK type.  And the new bags (302) worked for a couple of weeks.  Because my husband is doing 25 liters, we have to make the batch every other night.  So, this is becoming really crazy!  To say the least.  They sent us some different lot numbers that arrived today so (keep fingers crossed) :pray; they will work better.  Very strange.  We didn't have problem for 6 months and now it is one problem after another with the batch. . .
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »